Translate

Wednesday, May 14, 2014

This is The End...

Or, is it?
Image Credit: My "Lesbian" Adjacent

Seriously, I don't understand why all these people who have been doing blogs all year long are suddenly quitting and leaving their little blogosphere to fester in the depths of the internet.



I, for one, am not going to leave this behind. Even though I kind of suck at this whole entertaining thing, and that's mostly because I try to be light hearted when life is kind of one heavy mofo for me, but  I've promised myself that I'm not going to just whine about my life on the internet because y'all probably don't really care that much. Anyways, I am going to continue doing this blog through this summer and beyond, so if you see someone called BookCat writing posts, that's still me, just on my not school email account.

So, in celebration of not quitting on things, I would like bring to light some things that I've done that I feel kind of rock, some more literally than others.

1. Auditioned for a rock band.
If any of you guys read Your Right Brain, I'm basically Courtney's alternate for the MTM band, but I am also going to be singing lead in a Music Garage band myself. I am very happy about this. I'm proud of my vocal chord playing skills.

2. Survived taking my first AP class
I, for one, did not have a panic attack when taking that test yesterday, so *self five*.

3. Competed in Debate and landed a command position on next years team.
I am one of the Captains for next school years PCHS Debate Team, which means my parents are going to get me an official debate suit and some ties, possibly bow ties, and that makes me very happy.

4. Completed a study on whether or not swearing makes it easier to handle pain.
The answer to that is hell yes it does help, and the experiment was very fun to do even though it hurt like an icy mofo.

And, possibly the most important one of all...

5. Been in a relationship for nearly a year. 
I honestly didn't think I would ever be able to say this since I'm one of the strangest  people on this planet. But I can, and that makes me incredibly happy.

So, my lovelies, what have you not given up on this year?

Hopefully, you haven't given up on being yourself, because you are wonderful in your own wonderful ways and if the things you do make you happy and make this world better, please don't give them up.

Valete!

No comments:

Post a Comment