Translate

Wednesday, May 7, 2014

101 Awesome Songs, Poetry With a Beat...


So, it has come to my attention that rap is regarded as sort of the "scum" of music (meaning only illiterates and hoodlums listen to it). Personally, I think that's a ridiculous accusation, at least in some situations. Specifically, I'm talking about Macklemore and Eminem. They aren't just talking about getting high and getting laid. They are making art with their words, and laying it all out on the a table to a heart pounding beat. Don't believe me? Take these songs for a little test drive and see if I can change your mind.
*Warning: Every song past this point is at least a little bit vulgar.*

Mockingbird by Eminem on Grooveshark
16. Mockingbird by Eminem
Summary: A father who would do anything for his daughters, and is apologizing for not doing enough.
Favorite Line: And if you ask me to, daddy's gonna buy you a mockingbird, I'm gon' give you the world.

And We Danced by Macklemore on Grooveshark
17. And We Danced by Macklemore
Summary: You don't need drugs to have a good time.
Favorite Line: And we danced, and we cried, and we laughed and had a really really really good time.

Lose Yourself by Eminem on Grooveshark
18. Lose Yourself by Eminem
Summary: Life is full of moments, don't let them pass you by. You never know which moment is going to be the great one.
Favorite Line: He's nervous, but on the surface he looks calm and ready to drop bombs.

Cant Hold Us (feat. Ray Dalton) by Macklemore & Ryan Lewis on Grooveshark
19. Can't Hold Us by Macklemore
Summary: We control our own lives.
Favorite Lines: Raise those hands, this is our party. We came here to live life like nobody was watching.

Sing for the Moment by Eminem on Grooveshark
*20. Sing for the Moment by Eminem
Summary: How idols effect the kids who idolize them.
Favorite Line: These ideas are nightmares to white parents whose worst fear is a child with dyed hair who likes earrings.

*I know, I already reviewed this one. I'll do an actual post for the twentieth Awesome Song next.

If you still want to hate on rap after this mini playlist, that's alright. You do you and listen to whatever you want to listen to. If these songs have given you at least a little bit of love for rap, I would be happy to know.

Until next time my lovelies.

Valete!

No comments:

Post a Comment