Translate

Monday, October 7, 2013

101 Awesome Songs, Golden Oldies, With a Twist...

Cover art from: Eminem's "The Eminem Show", Aerosmith's "Dream On"
Here comes the posting train, with songs two and two and a half in the 101 Awesome Songs Posting Saga. I thought I should smash these two songs into the same post because the second song is just a sort of "amped up" version of the first. To quit beating around the bush, let the musical musings begin!

Dream On by Aerosmith on Grooveshark2. The second song in my list is Dream On, the classic, by Aerosmith. This song, well, it can't even be described how great it is. If you are a fan of rock and roll, and haven't listened to it yet, then you must click on the Dream On hot link and listen to it right this second or you will not understand how absolutely fan-freaking-tastic this song is. Have you listened to it yet? Yes? Good. No? Go listen to it.




Alright. By now you should be set with understanding how musically lovely this song is. The message in the lyrics is something in itself. One of the verses goes, "Yeah, I know nobody knows/Where it comes and where it goes/ I know it's everybody's sin/You got to lose to know how to win." I've always taken this to mean that the only way to reach success is to fail a little, or a lottle, which is like a little, but a lot.
And if you needed a visual representation of my point...
Secondly, the guitar part in this song is absolutely beautiful. I mean, I don't know any of the technical terms, but the way it all melts together is akin to the perfect chocolate chip cookie. It's not too sweet, not too hard, and is 100% pure awesome.

Sing for the Moment by Eminem on Grooveshark3. You know how I said there was a second song that's basically just an "amped up" version of the first? Well, that's kind of an understatement. I'm not a huge fan of rap, but this song is actually quite exceptional. This song is called Sing for the Moment. It's about a kid who has a hard time with life (don't we all), and he uses music to get through the pain. It's not exactly a G-rated song, but if you can get past the swearing, which you really should try to do, the message that is there is good. You're probably wondering how this Eminem song is related to the aforementioned piece of musical magic, and I'll tell you, it's all in the chorus. Both songs have the chorus that goes, "Sing with me, sing for the years, sing for the laughter, sing for the tears. Sing it with me, just for today, maybe tomorrow, the good Lord will take you away." 
These songs are linked by the words that both artists have woven together. These words talk about how life works, and how everyone needs their escape from what drives them crazy. Basically, they are both talking about things that give us hope.
One of the small things that gives me hope.
Until next time gorgeous people.






These 

No comments:

Post a Comment