Translate

Thursday, October 17, 2013

Little Miss Bossy...

I kind of want this on a t-shirt...
Image credit: Nisha Patel
So, if you've read my about page, you would know that my parents are divorced. Basically, this has left me with two families, each with their own distinct flavor. Each person their own piece of this perfectly lopsided puzzle. The most important pieces are my siblings. Today, I'm going to write about them, and about how I associate with them.


In reality, I'm not the worst I could be when it comes to being the old sister. I mean, I'm probably bossy as hell, and I'm weird and embarrassing when they have their friends over because I have this odd habit of rolling around the house wrapped in multiple blankets when it is cold, or walking somewhat like a velociraptor when it's warm. I know that's all ridiculous, but it makes me smile, so judge me as much as you want to.

To the point of my siblings, I have three. My sister, my stepbrother, and my half sister. They are all absolutely hilarious, and really great people to boot. Here's a little more about them:
Genevieve, my sister. Believe it or not, she picked this picture.
Gen is my full sister, and we've been through it all together. The initial divorce, parents dating (which is awkward as hell), and things as complicated as growing up. She is a gymnastics superstar, and she says she hates me 60% of the time, but I know that she doesn't. I probably mess with her more than I should, but that's what sisters are supposed to do. We mess with each other, but we don't let others mess with the other.

Crawford, the goofball. If you couldn't already tell. 
Crawford is my bro, even if not biologically. He always makes me laugh, spitting out facts about volcanos and the states at random. He's the best brother I could ever ask for, even though he annoys me severely at times.
Isla, doing her impression of Jesus.
And that adorable little biped there is Isla, my half sister. She's absolutely wild, screaming and laughing more than she breathes. I have taken it upon myself to make this child awesome, so, at the age of three, she already quotes the Harry Potter movies, knows that Peter Parker is Spiderman, and has seen almost every Disney princess movie. I think I'm doing pretty well with her.

That's a little bitty description of my siblings. I thought I would write this so I didn't have to explain them in individual posts when stories about them came up. That's all for now. Valete!


No comments:

Post a Comment