Translate

Thursday, October 24, 2013

101 Awesome Songs, Showing My Emo Streak...

The beauty the is BVB
Image Credit: AltPress
In the End by Black Veil Brides on GroovesharkSo, here is my number four song in my 101 Awesome Songs posting sage. I know most people don't like loud rock, or screaming, but I love rib cage shaking guitar solos. Watch out, my emo streak is showing.



I'm not all that emo, I just like some music that may be considered emo. I mean, the whole point of music is to evoke emotion. Things like punk rock, and all the kinds of metal (nu, heavy, dark, etc.), and sometimes screamo do that really well. Sometimes, it's like the music just does all the hard parts of feeling for me and I get to experience the nice parts of it.

Now, to the point of the next possum-sauce song...

4. In The End by Black Veil Brides. If you aren't already listening to this song, you really should be. I mean, Andy Biersack, formerly known as Andy Six, has the voice of a god. Not that I have a first hand relationship with this term, or really any sort of validity in using it, but this man's voice is like sex on steroids. It's too bad he got those gorgeous vocal chords from smoking...

Anyways, let me continue with the part about the music or I will go off on a huge tangent about how supermegafoxyawesomehot Andy is, and lets not forget about the incredibly gorgeous and talented Ashley Purdy, who is the lead guitarist for BVB.

And I was about to go off on that tangent, so music, now. Got it.

Okay, so the reason why I love this song so much is that it has ripping guitar riffs, and the vocals are beyond amazing. I'm talking so far beyond amazing that there isn't even a word strong enough to describe how lovely this song sounds.

I also love this song because it really gets into my soul and makes me think. The song is basically about what happens after we die, or, really, what happens to all the things that we have done on this planet after our soul is gone. The chorus goes, "In the end, as we fade into the night, who will tell the story of your life? And who will remember your last goodbye? 'Cause it's the end, and I'm not afraid, I'm not afraid to die."
I believe that this song is a great representation of what goes through the head of any person who is having a hard time. These guys knew how to put it all out there when others couldn't.

That's why I chose this song.
And this is what I say to those who try to squelch my fangirl spasms...
Image credit: HeyThereDoctorWhoFans
But, seriously, I'm sorry for my fangirl spasm over this song/band. It's just too lovely to resist.

No comments:

Post a Comment