Translate

Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Cannibalism is Okay Today...

TMJH Park City Post
NO. I'm NOT talking about eating people. I'm talking about interviewing your fellow journalists for quotes to supplement your articles. Normally, we would not allow cannibalism (we being me and my fellow Editors in Chief down at the TMJH Park City Post (the online magazine I edit for)), but today is make-or-break day. What the journalists can write in the next hour determines if they pass or fail this class for this quarter. I'm hoping that I can have mercy on their souls.
You see, I'm the one who is doing the grading for these articles, and it sucks because if someone fails, I'm the bad guy.
Or Gabe is.
Or Emi is. Either way, people are going to get mad at me and my fellow editors because, after nine weeks, they can't figure out how to make a viable/postable article. I mean, come on! These people are in eighth and ninth grade and they don't know how to use there/their/they're properly.
Or to/too/two.
Or it's/its.
That last one is kind of excusable though, but at the same time it's really stupid to confuse the possessive form its with the contraction it is (it's).
And I know I'm being a total Grammar Nazi, but it's really not that hard. (See, I used "it's" properly in that there sentence, and I just used "there" properly.)
Honestly, if I have to read another article with terrible grammar, I might just cry.
This is a very good idea.
Image credit: LOLibrary


So, to prevent all you writers out there from making stupid mistakes and making your editors cry, here are some fun ways to remember how to use these words.
They're/There/Their
Image Credit: Writing Center



To/Too/Two and a Tutu for good measure
Image Credit: Virtual Farm

It's/Its
Image Credit: Bob the Angry Flower
And I'm done. I hope I haven't mentally scarred you too much.

2 comments:

  1. I love this! Very fun. Especially the Too, Two, To, Tutu one:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Grammar nazis unite

    ReplyDelete