Translate

Friday, May 16, 2014

101 Awesome Songs, High on Life and it Feels SO Good...

Image Credit: Smells Like Alternative
Welcome, welcome! I don't exactly know why but today just seems like a rather fantastic day. Maybe it's just because I'm finally getting enough oxygen to my brain and that is making me super duper high on life. Whatever it is, it is wonderful, and I think you guys deserve something that is equally as wonderful. Spoiler alert, that thing is Grunge Jesus, or Dave Grohl, and The Foo Fighters.

Walk by Foo Fighters on Grooveshark

21. Walk by The Foo Fighters. This song is my mother's favorite song to run to, and I can see why. It's a very inspirational song, and like I said before, Dave Grohl, the lead singer for this band, who began it all by himself after leaving his position as drummer for Nirvana, he is freaking amazing. 

Grohl made his first album under the cover name of Foo Fighters, playing every instrument and singing every vocal track for fifteen songs, using the music as a way to cope with the death of Kurt Cobain, Nirvana's front man.

Image Credit: Social News
His kids don't give a shit if he's in the Foo Fighters. They just want their smoothies.

Also, did I mention he made the whole album in the space of a week?

This is why he is Grunge Jesus, and possibly one of my biggest idols.

I mean, he really is a swell guy. He's a dad, and he made his recording studio, a memorial to Sound City Studios(where Nirvana recorded Nevermind), which has potentially the best acoustics of all time, in his house so he doesn't have to be away from his family as much as a rockstar would be.

He also supports gay rights, and Foo Fighters did a counter-protest performance in front of a Westboro Baptist Church performance, mocking their adversity against homosexuality.

I cannot praise these men enough, they are really straight up awesome people and they make straight up awesome music.

So, back to Walk. This song is one of empowerment and recovery, plus it has some jaw-dropping guitar solos, and a gut busting beat.

The song begins, "a million miles away, your signal in the distance, 'to whom it may concern'..." 
It then leads into a chorus that is about taking the first step back to living your life after a tragedy.

"I'm learning to walk again. I believe I've waited long enough, where do I begin?I'm learning to talk again. Can't you see I've waited long enough? Where do I begin?"

I could go on and on about this band and their formidable influence and spamtastic music, but I think I've taken up enough of your time for today. If you want more grunge, I would be happy to provide, just leave me a message in the comments.

Valete my lovelies!

No comments:

Post a Comment