Translate

Monday, December 2, 2013

101 Awesome Songs, Taking Things Slow

Image credit: The Frames
So, this is what I'm doing on a Tuesday morning that seems oh-so-dreary while sitting in a classroom with the blinds drawn. It seems oddly metaphorical of how life has been recently, what with having stress fractures in both of my tibias. Everything is so sour and dark, but there are these few beautiful streaks of light peeking round the corners to tease me.
Falling Slowly by The Frames on GroovesharkFor some odd reason, this song, Falling Slowly, keeps worming its way into my head, and I absolutely love this song, even though it only seems to bolster how thoroughly entrenched in life I feel.

So, here goes....

5. Falling Slowly, by Dublin based rock band, The Frames. This song is one of my favorites because of how much emotion it holds in such a small space of time. It's about this point in life that people reach when they have been struggling for a long, long time, and they figure out that they don't have to suffer alone any more because there are people who are willing to help them through the hard times in their lives. A specific snippet of lyrics from this song that really exemplifies this is the chorus. It goes
"Take this sinking boat/ And point it home/ We've still got time,/ Raise your hopeful voice/ You have a choice,/ You've made it now."

I've realized now that I'm reaching that point, because life doesn't have to suck even when it seems like it should. I mean, I'm all hobbled up with cripple sticks (you may know them as crutches) and I'm okay.
Even though things aren't perfect all the time, we can always try to make things better.

So, that's all I've got for you right now. Sorry about the sucky post. Maybe a picture will appease you for now.
Image credit: Randomly found on my desktop, can't remember where I got it from, possibly the side effect of a trolling tech teacher.

No comments:

Post a Comment