Translate

Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Swimming in Snow and a Few Important Remarks...

Snowflakes under a microscope, proof that Mother Nature is a badass when it comes to making pretty things.
Image Credit: Cool Tickling

Welcome back my lovelies. Currently, I am writing as slowly as I can possibly stand to type because my hands are still defrosting from standing outside in the 4 degree weather (that's four degrees Farenheit, if you didn't realize). Yes, I was waiting for the city bus in well below freezing temperatures, but that's the way that I get home, so what choice did I have really?


Anyways...

Currently, my town is up to its ears in snow. Not literally, but we are definitely going to be having a white Christmas this year. Personally, I love snow. It's absolutely gorgeous. I love sledding, snowboarding (aka. The Sport of Falling on Your Ass), and skiing, both nordic and downhill, but I have this little issue where I can't stay warm, especially if I get wet. Usually, I can just deal with it, but when I wipe out really terribly on the slopes, and I'm talking catch a rut on a toe turn which results in me backflipping onto my face, and my jacket fills with snow, life starts to suck a bit. And by a bit, I mean I have to change into dry clothes rather quickly and sit by some sort of heat source or I will end up shivering rather violently, which is rather unpleasant.

But that is all besides the point...

Now that my legs are starting to recover from having many tiny little cracks in my shin bones, I'm really hankering for a run. Seeing as I'm not allowed to do that just yet, I'm settling for the next best thing, at least in my mind. Swimming. It's well below freezing and I want to go dive into a pool and swim until I'm all wrinkly. I just really, really want to go swim somewhere, so I might have to find my way into a pool some time soon. Maybe, I'll have a pool party. I don't really know though.

To conclude this, I just had a wonderful thought. I don't know if I've said this before, but I am a total sic-fi and fantasy nerd with a strong love for crime dramas. I watch shows like Sherlock, Merlin, Eureka, Lie to Me, Criminal Minds, Law and Order, Flashpoint, Star Trek (Voyager, DS9, Next Generation, and Classic), Battlestar Galactica, Doctor Who, and Torchwood. Some day I will regale you with the story of how Torchwood ripped out my heart and stuffed it down my esophagus, but today is not that day.

Today is the day that I would like to declare that I am officially a Whooligan. I prefer this fan name to the more widely used Whovian just because it's a hell of a lot more fun to say.

Oh, and if you are also a Whooligan and you haven't seen the 50th Anniversary Episode yet, take your sorry ass over to a couch, surround yourself with DW paraphernalia and prepare to fangirl harder than you have ever fangirled before.

That's all for now. Valete!

No comments:

Post a Comment