Translate

Monday, December 9, 2013

The Teacher Said WHAT?!

The reaction of half of my class when my teacher spoke her fateful words...
Image Credit: Reddit
So, as you may already know, I enjoy school, so I am in Honors Biology at the current time. Well, that's mostly because I am infatuated with science, but that is besides the point. Today in Biology we were talking about the cell cycle and how screwing with your cell cycle can cause cancer. You would think it would be just a normal day in Bio class.

You, my friend, would be terribly mistaken.



We're all just chilling, taking notes all studiously about the cell cycle, and my friend Steven and I are exchanging doodles. So, basically a normal bio class.
Look! An extremely shitty picture of my bio notebook with one of Steverino's doodles at the top of the page!
He drew that entirely upside down.
Then, we get to the lovely topic of how one acquires cancer. We start talking about things like smoking, radiation, pollution, and finally, HPV. For those of you who don't know, HPV is a sexually transmitted nastiness that likes to give people testicular or cervical cancer, depending on the gender of the person. 

The first sort of awkwardness occurred when she decided she needed to explain how STD's are transmitted. Trust me, in a classroom of extremely sheltered children from Utah, there were many looks of disgust, and a lot of awkward laughing.

Then there was the point that she was trying to be all serious and it went something like this:

"Something that you really need to consider putting on your Christmas list, or Hanukkah list, is the HPV virus."
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
WAIT, WHAT?!
Image Credit: LacrosseRoads
DID OUR TEACHER JUST TELL US TO GET AN STD FOR CHRISTMAS?!
Image Credit: Sam Nielsen
I mean, WHAT THE HELL?!


Anyways,  that caused for a lot of really nervous laughter, up until she blushed like a firetruck and says, "I meant vaccine! The HPV vaccine!"

That caused uproarious laughter which lasted a good twenty minutes, during which she made this joke directed towards one of the dozing students:

"I bet you already asked for it, didn't you (name redacted)."

To which he blushed furiously.

And everyone else laughed even more.

That's my two cents for today. Valete!




No comments:

Post a Comment