Translate

Saturday, December 21, 2013

101 Awesome Songs, Groban's Girl

Image Credit: WB Records
Well, it's holiday time and Josh Groban and Michael Bublé are both becoming relevant once again. For most of the world at least. I'm a big fan of both of them personally, and you can say what you want, but I think they are great.

And pretty damn attractive at that.

Anyways, let's get on with this murder train where my thoughts will be conveyed but likely butchered somewhere between my brain and my fingers.

So She Dances by Josh Groban on Grooveshark

6. So She Dances by Josh Groban. Let me just start off by saying that the first time I heard this song was on an episode of The Simpsons, specifically the episode Lisa the Drama Queen. It's definitely not his most popular song, but I personally like it quite a bit. Other than the accompaniment. That's a solid meh on the oh-to-WOAH scale.

Anyways, as to the reasons why I really like this song.

First off, Josh Groban has a very nice voice. He doesn't autotune or force anything, and he still has an incredible range.

Secondly, the lyrics tell an amazing story. The chorus goes, "So she dances/ In and out of the crowd like a glance/ This romance is/ From afar calling me silently."

This song tells the story of a girl who is graceful and gorgeous, but she is struggling with things that she can't control. And this guy, who sees her, trying to cope by falling in love with the music and just dancing.

And he falls in love.

He falls in love with her and goes to her and they dance and he makes her feel special.

He makes her feel loved.

And I can relate to that.

Hopefully you can someday find that too.

Happy Holidays you beautiful people. Valete.

No comments:

Post a Comment