Translate

Friday, January 10, 2014

My Initiation to the Verbal Assault Squad ( and a Smattering of Little News)

Image Credit: ELearning
So, I'm back, though you may or may not care. In the little news, which is basically my life, I had an interesting Christmas break, filled with loot and family issues, like usual. I went and saw the lights hung in Temple Square with le boyfriend and his family (thank you), which was quite nice, and recently had my friend do a rune casting for me, which was very helpful.


Anyways, now that what has happened in my more recent past is out of the way, here's what's happening for me in the recent future. I'm joining my high school's debate team, and my first competition is next Friday and Saturday. I'm competing in Oratory, in which I have to write then recite a seven to ten minute speech about something that I can get emotional about, and SPAR, in which I get a topic and a position, one minute to think, and then I have to debate it with somebody.

I get to do six rounds of each, three of each on Friday, and three of each on Saturday. I'm extremely excited, and absolutely terrified.

Let's just hope I don't fuck it up too badly. 

Anyways, if you are at all interested, I'm going to be posting the written version of my Oratory after the competition, and I would love to have people check it out and potentially comment on it. 

You never forget your Doctor.
Image Credit: rebloggy

In other little news, I finally got around to seeing The Time of The Doctor, thanks to le boyfriend. This is the regeneration episode between Matt Smith and Peter Capaldi. No spoilers here, but I have to say that I thought it was a pretty good episode. Please don't hate me, but I'm kind of glad Matt Smith has finished his time as The Doctor. Don't get me wrong, Matt Smith was my third favorite Doctor, but it was time to let him go. I don't know how I feel about Capaldi though.

Let's just hope Moffat doesn't fuck it up too badly. 

Welp, that's my spiel for today. Enjoy your lives. Valete.

No comments:

Post a Comment