Translate

Thursday, January 30, 2014

You've Got Anxiety, I've Got Anxiety, Let's Make a Playlist...

Image Credit: healthmeup
So, not to insinuate by any means that anyone is mentally unstable, I'm just saying that we all have nervous break downs every once in a while. Especially people like me who have a lot going on with their family, and take all honors classes, and do extracurricular activities as well. Plus, asthma. Enough said there.

Anyways, I'm currently freaking-the-freak out about my debate tournament tomorrow, during which I will be giving a ten minute speech that I've barely memorized tonight and being judged against people who have been doing this far longer than I have, seeing as this is only my second tournament and I don't even take debate class. It's not like I've bitten my nails entirely off, but, well, let's just say it's hard typing with band-aids on all of your fingers. I'm only half joking.

This is the time when I am literally about to spontaneously combust and I need my music. 
That is why I am presenting to you a playlist that, if nothing else, will scare the anxiety out of you, or make you piss your pants laughing, or melodically force you into experiencing any number of pleasant or unpleasant sensations..

And in alphabetical order, we begin:


Alone Together by Fall Out Boy on Grooveshark1. Alone Together, by Fall Out Boy. Fast enough to get you feeling a bit dancy, and interesting enough that it isn't just another boy band song.


2. And We Danced by Macklemore on GroovesharkAnd We Danced and American by Macklemore on GroovesharkAmerican, by Macklemore. Warning, both are explicit, but both are absolutely fantastic.


Bohemian Rhapsody by Queen on Grooveshark3. Bohemian Rhapsody, by Queen. Need I say more.


Upon This Dawning - Call Me Maybe by Punk Goes Pop 5 on Grooveshark4. Call Me Maybe, remixed by Upon This Dawning. I'm not going to spoil this one with too many details, but listen to it if you a) hate the original or b) find metal amazing.


The Drug In Me Is You by Falling In Reverse on Grooveshark5. The Drug in Me is You, by Falling in Reverse. Gut wrenching guitar solos and intricate lyrics. This is why I love rock and roll.


Going Out in Style by Dropkick Murphys on Grooveshark6. Going Out in Style, by the Dropkick Murphys. Potentially my favorite Irish punk song ever.


I Write Sins Not Tragedies by Panic! At the Disco on Grooveshark7. I Write Sins Not Tragedies, by Panic! At the Disco. I can't explain why I love this song so much, I just do. 


I'm Not A Vampire by Falling In Reverse on Grooveshark8. I'm Not a Vampire, by Falling in Reverse. Oh, the glorious Ronnie Radke. 


I'm Not Okay (I Promise) by My Chemical Romance on Grooveshark9. I'm Not Okay (I Promise), by My Chemical Romance. Can you feel the angst?! Can you feel it?!


Lithium by Nirvana on Grooveshark10. Lithium, by Nirvana. I feel I should be head banging whenever I hear certain parts of this song, even if I'm in the middle of the grocery store. 


Lost in Stereo by All Time Low on Grooveshark11. Lost in Stereo, by All Time Low. Let's get lost in that stereo sound. Maybe then the world will stop screaming.


Monkey Wrench by Foo Fighters on Grooveshark12. Monkey Wrench, by Foo Fighters. Most awkward moment of my life involves this song, but that's a story for another time. Let's pencil that in for half past never.


Mr. Brightside by The Killers on Grooveshark13. Mr. Brightside, by The Killers. Don't try to sing this song unless you are very angry or you sound like an extremely sarcastic loser. Just saying.


Not Your Fault by AWOLNATION on Grooveshark14. Not Your Fault, by AWOLNation. Thank you to boyfriend for bringing this song into my life. Screaming it in the shower has brought endless stress relief.


Painting Flowers by All Time Low on Grooveshark15. Painting Flowers, by All Time Low. Potentially my favorite love song ever. It's up there with the Mario Kart Love Song. Unorthodox, and I love it.


SexyBack by Justin Timberlake on Grooveshark16. SexyBack, by Justin Timberlake. I may or may not have the biggest fancrush on Justin Timberlake. This I can neither confirm nor deny, but I can say that he is a phenomenal performer.


Sweet Dreams (Are Made Of This) by Eurythmics on Grooveshark17. Sweet Dreams (Are Made of This), by Eurythmics. Just a quirky song I heard at a Christmas party/wedding party mixed in with British Christmas music. 


Teenagers by My Chemical Romance on Grooveshark18. Teenagers, by My Chemical Romance. Again, let's just take a moment to appreciate the glorious amount of angst oozing from this song.



When Can I See You Again_ (From Wreck it Ralph) by Owl City on Grooveshark19. When Can I See You Again, by Owl City. Usually, autotune makes me gag, but Owl City is my one guilty-autotuned-pleasure.


93 Million Miles by Jason Mraz on Grooveshark20. 93 Million Miles, by Jason Mraz. Jason Mraz has one of the most beautiful voices known to man kind. I'm not even exaggerating in the slightest.

And my oddball, out of alphabetical, perfectly imperfect number 21 is...


Let It Go by Idina Menzel on Grooveshark21. Let It Go, sung by the glorious Idina Menzel. 


I could go on and on with this list of songs, mostly because I'm a total music junkie, but I won't bore you with that today.

In hopes that I have reduced your daily serving of world-suck. Valete!

No comments:

Post a Comment