Translate

Friday, January 24, 2014

101 Awesome Songs, Welcome to the Black Parade...

Image Credit: Wikipedia
After a long day of battling with respiratory distress I love kicking back and attempting to relax, watching my crime dramas and listening to some fantastic rib cage shaking metal, or even some soft rock. Really anything that will make me feel.

Anyways, here's another song for your enjoyment, and may I say, welcome to the black parade.


Teenagers by My Chemical Romance on Grooveshark7. Teenagers. We all know that we are the social pariah of society, but why not have some fun with it. Why not make people think and look. Why not make people think, because when we think that's when we really see.

You see, us teenagers, we aren't twisted and wrong. We are awkward, and unique, and amazing, and it's not just a phase. The reason we seem abnormal and will always be abnormal is that we are thinking outside the box. We are pushing the envelope, bursting it even.

I guess that scares people. I guess people are afraid of being different because they don't realize that everyone truly is different. Even though the world seems like thousands upon thousands of doppelgängers, imitations of each other, just walking in straight, parallel paths, devoid of character.

That's not what my math teacher told me. She was one of the greatest teachers I have ever had and she always would tell us that our true character isn't about how we dress or how we look, or even how we act in public. Our true character is how we act when no one is watching. It's our deepest desires and dreams and wishes.

This song makes me think about all those things. About how people try to make us conform and fit into little boxes. About how we want to be left alone sometimes, so we shut other people out.

We all try so hard to make ourselves comfortable and accepted, when really all we really want is to be loved.

That's my two cents for today. Valete!

No comments:

Post a Comment