Translate

Saturday, December 21, 2013

The Story of the Diabeetus Machine

Oh, the joy's of the holiday season.
Image Credit: Millennial Leader
Freedom at last! Lucky me, starting today, get's two weeks off from school. These two wonderful weeks shall be full of food, holiday cheer, and, best of all, sleep.

Or they would include sleep if my melatonin clock wasn't so messed up. I woke up at 4:30 this morning, without any alarm, and I couldn't get back to sleep. This awful sleepless feeling reminded me of another recent day when I got no sleep. That day was December 18th. 
I had been up all night due to having night terrors, then a panic attack, which resulted in me falling down the stairs. Needless to say I felt like shit when my alarm clock went off after no sleep, and I had to drag myself up the stairs to get ready to go to school. 

In an attempt to rouse myself out of my walking pain induced torpor, I heated up a pint of festivus chai (the last of my supply), pouring it into a travel cup so I could take it with me to school. I went to the fridge to grab the milk to mix with my chai, since it needed a bit of creaminess to make it bearable to my agitated senses. I was just pulling the milk from the fridge when my mom came down the stairs, offered to walk with me the full half mile to my bus stop, and then dumps the tea down the drain.

"What the hell did you do that for?!" I half screamed, keeping my voice down just enough that I won't wake my sister. 

My mom then tried to apologize, saying that she thought the tea was her coffee from the day before. I was mad, and I didn't want to yell and get in trouble with my mother. I was going to make more tea, try to reclaim the delicious caffeine high that my mother had just dumped down the drain, but then I realized that I had to leave to catch the school bus. I tried to storm out. One thing led to another and my mother and I got in a fight, which nearly made me late for school.

Anyways, when I got home that afternoon, my mom gave me an advent calendar and tried to apologize for dumping my tea and screwing over my day. It wasn't one of those cheap advent calendars. It was full of clementine sized milk chocolates filled with hazelnut cream. I gleefully ripped open the first door, devouring the chocolate in two seconds flat. It was the 18th, so I was set on eating all 18 of my designated chocolates.

"You can have two," my mom says, "okay?"

I nod, and shove another chocolate in my mouth. 

Sure, I think, I'll have two.

Two servings of diabeetus.

I ate all 18 chocolates, and my mom found out and took the Diabeetus Machine away from me after she found me in a sugar coma on the couch around midnight the next night. 

That's the story of my encounter with a Diabeetus Machine. What's yours?


No comments:

Post a Comment