Translate

Thursday, March 13, 2014

Life in Stereo, Answering Questions...

Me, in all my four-eyed glory.
Look, I got glasses! It's like seeing in HD!

So, I don't know if any of you really care, but if you do, here is the answering part to the musical clue post that I posted last week.

I know I said I would do this on Friday, but I don't think I have the time, since tomorrow I am going to state for Debate and I am already freaking out as it is, so I don't need this hanging over my head.

Anyways, here it goes...

House at Pooh Corner...

Yes, I know it's rather obvious, but this song is the summation of my early childhood. I was rather inquisitive, if not very adventurous, since I'm a rather quiet child. I even had my faithful Tigger with me at basically all times. I may or may not still have him.

Keeping Secrets...

Like I said previously, I was a very inquisitive child, and I quickly noticed that most things that I asked my parents wouldn't get me a straight answer. People kept secrets from me, and I really didn't like it. I spent a large portion of my younger childhood feeling like I was lied to and used. 

Love for a Child...

As you may know, my parents got divorced. I wouldn't say it was super messy, but it wasn't the cleanest break either. This song is possibly the perfect musical description of what it feels like to be a child of divorce.

I'm Not Okay (I Promise)...

After my parents divorce, saying I was quiet became a massive understatement. I didn't really talk to people, mostly because I was kind of super pissed at the world at the time. 

The Pretender...

Soon after my massively pissy phase, I started noticing more and more that no matter what I did to get noticed, I was constantly rejected. So, I started pretending to be something I was not so I wouldn't get hurt any more, but on the inside I was basically screaming this song. I knew basically everyone else was doing exactly the same thing.

Falling Slowly...

This song is a symbol for the part of my life in which I became very lost. I got so deep into that act, so deep into the persona that I created for myself, that I lost who I really was. This is possibly the part of my life that if I could change any part of my life, I would change this.

This Too Shall Pass...

In that rather lost stage, I also lost my initiative to really do anything. I began just drifting and hoping that things would change. This is my blind hope song.

Are You Happy Now?..

This is when I started to realize that certain things that were happening to me personally were very wrong, and that made me mad. I started lashing out at people. Basically, if I'm Not Okay was my pissy period, this was the beginning of my really angry period. I got into a few fights. A few being an understatement. Honestly, I had no idea what to do with all the untapped emotion that was held inside my little body since I had never really been allowed to emote before. I was a ball of raging turmoil.

One Last Breath...

Just as quickly as the rage came, the sadness manifested just as strongly. Honestly, I'm not going to really go in depth about this portion of my life, because it's basically my zero hour, darkest moment, and that's not something I care to revisit.

Not Ready to Make Nice...

With help, I've made it out of the sadness phase of life, but I still begrudged those who put me in that place. I'm still not entirely ready to make nice with that bit of life.

She Will Be Loved...

So, in an effort to forgive, I started looking for people to help me forget, and I found some great friends along the way. Although, I wasn't really close enough to anyone for them to fill the hole that was scarred over in my heart. I didn't give up though. I actually asked a guy out, and, wouldn't you know it, we've been together ever since. It's been ten wonderful months.

S/C/A/R/E/C/RO/W...

It may not be obvious, but, to me, this song is talking about love. Not the kind of love that's necessarily all cute and snuggly, but the kind that means someone is there for you through everything. It's the kind of love that causes someone to go out of their way to make you happy. You see, that's always been a too-little-too-late sort of thing for me, but not anymore. I am loved.

And, just so you know, Lost in Stereo is rather self explanatory. All you've got to do is listen.

Not that any of you care, but that's my life in a nutshell. Valete.



No comments:

Post a Comment