Translate

Friday, April 4, 2014

101 Awesome Songs, Aggravation, Desperation...

Image Credit: Holy City Sinners

So, here's my thinking on that there title. This week has been a flurry of aggravation, desperation, and right now, my currency is urgency. I am so done with anything that has do with school right now, and I would just love to eat my pita chips in peace.

But first, I guess I should review a song.


Mr Brightside by The Killers on Grooveshark 9. Mr Brightside, by The Killers from their wonderful album, Hot Fuss.

This song is one of my personal favorites, but it is rather abrupt in its transitions which is kind of off putting at times. Nonetheless, it is musically very pleasing. With the peppy, though slightly synthesized, keyboard riffs, it's the kind of song that I would love to have come on right before a hill on a tough run, because the beat can easily keep me bouncing.

I like to sing this song quite a bit, and I usually sing it following the form of the peppy piano riffs and bouncy drum beats. I have been told by some of my friends that this is absolutely incorrect, and that Mr. Brightside is supposed to be a very angry some. I personally just think that it is emotional, and rather invigorating.

The chorus goes, "jealousy, turning saints into the sea. Swimming through sick lullabies, choking on your alibis, but it's just the price I pay. Destiny is calling me, open up my eager eyes, 'cause I'm Mr Brightside."

Personally, I do not find these lyrics angry. Instead, I find them realistic. Like a pessimist, The Killers seem to be seeing both sides of the story. Yes, things may suck, but there is a reason that we must deal with all the world suck. We deal with all this world suck so that we may have a clearer view of life. Personally, I am neither an optimist nor a pessimist. The glass is not half empty or half full. The glass is merely full of more than one kind of matter. Just like the world is full of more than one way of life.

That's my spiel for the day. I hope you enjoy, and maybe you can find one of the other kinds of metaphorical matter that fills your metaphorical glass. Valete!

No comments:

Post a Comment