Translate

Friday, November 8, 2013

A Belated Halloween Post and a Big Surprise...

Halloween, when all the creepy crawlies come out to play.
Image credit: Mia Francesca
I have a bit of an apology to make. I've been lazy about posting again, but I really want to do a quick Halloween post. Mostly because I would hate myself if I forgot to pay due homage to All Hallow's Eve.
Here's my recipe for a perfect Halloween:



  • A stomach full of candy, of your choice and skillfully acquired,
  • An abundance of glow sticks in various shapes and sizes, 
  • A kick ass costume,
  • And possibly a party or three.
Spread out evenly through the week, and enjoy.

Personally, I like to throw in some tasty recipes in between steps, like broken glass cupcakes, and caramel apple sundaes. Good food makes everything better.

So, onto my skillful execution of my perfect Halloween recipe. First, the kick-ass costume. This was mine:
Even broken dolls want to play...

An awesome dress, but an extremely uncomfortable shrug...

The culmination of four hours of makeup work, courtesy of my sister, Gen.
I put that little number together with $36, a hell of a lot of hair product, four hours in rollers, white face paint (preferably a cream), a good rosy blush, gel eyeliner, and mana potion lipgloss. I don't regret a moment of it. I mean, I won a new Ramp snowboard in a costume contest because of all that work, and quite a bit of help from my sister. 

Next, comes the glow sticks. I personally go for whatever I can get a lot of without spending a lot of money, but it's great when I find something that glows that isn't the traditional dime a dozen glow bracelet.

Specifically, I love glow in the dark bubbles. They're bubbles, that glow, and when they pop on you you look like you are a galaxy. What's better than that?

Then there's the thing of candy. I like all candy, but since I closely associate with someone who has fatal nut allergies, I no longer consume nut products. Well, that's a lie. I only consume them very rarely. Nutella with pretzels is still one of my guilty pleasures, but that's a story for another time. So, over this Halloween, I found myself with an abundance of nerds, laffy taffy, and sweet tarts. Personally I think that's quite a good haul. What kind of fabulous candies did you people get this year?

Lastly, we come to parties. There are neighborhood parties, parties with friend, and parties that are somewhat live a rave (even though I have no idea what a rave is like). Just don't go crazy, and follow my easy guide to happy partying.

That's about it now.


Oh wait! One more thing:

My dad, Paul, and my stepmother, Angie, at their impromptu wedding in Florence.

Congratulations to my father and stepmother on finally tying the knot whilst they were on their 10th date ever, which is a twelve day long trip beginning in Florence, Italy and ending in Barcelona, Spain. 

Those lucky ducks.

Well, that's all for now. Valete!

No comments:

Post a Comment