Translate

Friday, February 14, 2014

14 Songs to Make You Swoon...

Image Credit: Creepy Pasta

Well, let's start this off by saying I think Valentine's Day is an overrated holiday because people should be able to love each other all the time, and show it, too. So, while I don't really understand why we have this day, it's a good excuse for me to do a post about love songs.


As far as love songs go, I guess I listen to some of the more normal ones, but those aren't the ones I will be sharing with you today. Hold onto your hats and get ready for a musical roller coaster.

(Disclaimer: These songs are not at all organized from best to worst.)


I Won't Give Up by Jason Mraz on Grooveshark
1. I Won't Give Up, Jason Mraz.
Favorite Lines: When I look into your eyes, it's like watching the night skies, or a beautiful sunrise. There's so much they hold.
Personally I think this song is just ludicrously sweet and adorable, and  mostly because of how beautifully written it is.


Coldplay-Yellow by Coldplay on Grooveshark
2. Yellow, Coldplay.
Favorite Lines: Your skin, oh yeah, your skin and bones, turn in to something beautiful.
Potentially the strangest love song ever, but what can you expect from Coldplay.

Remembering Sunday by All Time Low on Grooveshark
3. Remembering Sunday, All Time Low.
Favorite Lines: Don't mean to be a bother but have you seen this girl? She's been running through my dreams and she's driving me crazy it seems. 
Even though it's a bit of a sad song, it's a true representation of that crazy thing called love.

Alone Together by Fall Out Boy on Grooveshark
4. Alone Together, Fall Out Boy.
Favorite Lines: My heart is like a stallion, they love it more when it's broken.
Like I said before, love isn't always rainbows and butterflies.

The Riddle by Five for Fighting on Grooveshark
5. The Riddle, Five For Fighting.
Favorite Lines: If you're looking for a clue, I love you, free.
This song isn't really about love, it's about life, but love is a big part of life.

Lucky (feat. Colbie Caillat) by Jason Mraz on Grooveshark
6. Lucky, Jason Mraz and Colbie Caillat.
Favorite Lines: You make it easier when life gets hard.
I feel like if I was to ever have a sweep-me-off-my-feet, something-from-the-movies kind of moment, it would be to this song.

Pop Rocks & Coke by Green Day on Grooveshark
7. Pop Rocks and Coke, Green Day.
Favorite Lines: I don't care if you don't mind. I'll be there not far behind. I'll be there. I'll be there for you.
This song reminds me of summer days and all sorts of things that make me smile.

Arms by Christina Perri on Grooveshark
8. Arms, Christina Perri.
Favorite Lines: You put your arms around me, but I believe that it's easier for you to let me go. You put your arms around me and I'm home.
This is my song, right here. I have laid my claim to it. You cannot have my precious.

Mario Kart Love Song by Sam Hart on Grooveshark
9. Mario Kart Love Song, Sam Hart.
Favorite Lines: You'll be my princess and I'll be your Toad. I'll follow behind you on Rainbow Road. Protect you from red shells wherever we go, I promise.
There's just so much to love about this song. The nerdy part of me (which is all of me) just can't get enough of this song.

We Are Spoons by Sam Hart on Grooveshark
10. We Are Spoons, Sam Hart.
Favorite Lines: We are spoons. Forks and knives are lonely in their drawers. Underneath the covers we are warm...
Okay, nevermind. This is the weirdest love song ever, but I love it so much.

Rebel Love Song by Black Veil Brides on Grooveshark
11. Rebel Love Song, Black Veil Brides.
Favorite Lines: Take your hand in mine, it's ours tonight.
Metal heads can love too.

Cowboy Take Me Away by DIXIE CHICKS/Dixie Chicks on Grooveshark
12. Cowboy Take Me Away, Dixie Chicks.
Favorite Lines: I want to fall asleep, in the comfort of your arms, on a pillow of blue bonnets, in a blanket made of stars.
Diss country all you want, I will still love the Dixie Chicks.

Painting Flowers by All Time Low on Grooveshark
13. Painting Flowers, All Time Low.
Favorite Lines: When I wake up, the dream isn't done. I want to see your face and know I made it home.
Who knew that a love song could be made from all of the Red Queen's hatred.

She Will Be Loved by Maroon 5 on Grooveshark
14. She Will Be Loved, Maroon 5.
Favorite Lines: It's not always rainbows and butterflies, it's compromise that moves us along. My heart is full and my door's always open, you can come any time you want.
Like I said before, love isn't always about rainbows and butterflies, it's about love.

So, even if you don't have that special cuddle buddy, you can feel love too, be it for your friends or for yourself.

Valete!

2 comments:

  1. Love, love, LOVE this post! I guess I'm going to have to buy half of these songs now... oh wait I already have half of them! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Metal heads can love too." <--- Bella, your fantastic.

    ReplyDelete