Translate

Friday, September 20, 2013

One Small Space for Me...

Imagination. It makes the ordinary extraordinary.
Image credit: The Troubadour

What a way to begin my blogging experience! With a shallow prompt from my English teacher, that’s how I will take my first step on my blogging journey.
 First off, I think an introduction is in order. I’m a high school freshman, I run cross country, and I’m a total nerd bird with a music addiction that I couldn’t get rid of if I wanted to. In this here blog, I shall be writing about everything that makes my dismal life exceptional, including running, music, fandoms, and the trials and tribulations of trying too hard in my first year of high school. Feel free to join me in this adventure. I would be more than happy to listen to anyone else who wants to spill their guts onto the canvas that is the blogosphere.

Anywho, I must address the things that have inspired me to become a blogger. You see, I’ve always wanted to blog, but I’ve never had the incentive to get started. This blog is technically an assignment for my Honors English class, but I plan to make it so much more than that. That’s what a blog is supposed to be. It’s supposed to be something more than just another website, and that’s what I plan to make it. 

There are plenty of blogs out there that do this. Blogs like http://life-of-an-average-runner.blogspot.com, which is the blog of a high school cross country runner that he used to share his love for running with a wider audience than he could have found without the blog. There are also blogs like http://www.musicstop.org. This site is like a musical Swiss Army knife. It gives you access to music videos, mp3s, and lyrics, so you should really check it out if you are a fellow music junkie. Lastly, there is a certain blog that I hold very near and dear. This blog is http://voyagerslog.blogspot.com, the blog connected to the Christa McAuliffe Space Education Center, as well as Utah’s other space education programs. When I said I was a total nerd bird, I wasn’t kidding. I’ve spent nearly 230 hours of my life, if not more, recreating sci-fi adventures and traveling through the cosmos with the amazing people at these establishments. I especially like this blog because it is always interesting, combining witty wordplay and punny photographs with science news and moral stories, creating the perfect haven for an active mind. I want to do something like that with my blog. I want to create a place where ideas can run free, where everyone can practice “the Discipline of Wonder”, a commonly used tool at the Christa McAuliffe Center. I want to do something great, and this is how I will begin, with a shallow prompt from my English teacher. Here’s to a fabulous new journey. One small space for me, and hopes for a giant leap for blogger-kind.

1 comment:

  1. Bella, your blog is so much like you. I like all the pictures at the top, especially the unicorn one:)

    ReplyDelete